Date: 04/18/2017 @ 7:00pm
Where: Bay Shore/Brightwaters Public Library
Program: The Diamondback Terrapin
Upcoming paddles and events
- 03/29/2017 - Trip Leaders' Workshop II
- 04/21/2017 - Stony Brook University's EarthStock
- View All Trips
SKILLS DAY EVENTS
New to Kayaking or Canoeing? Want to strengthen your skills? Become a member and get access to free training!
Skills days are not open to guest unless noted otherwise. If you wish to bring a non-member as a guest, please contact the trip leader directly before the trip.
All trips are subject to weather conditions. Trip leaders will notify all attendees of any changes reflecting the trip via email.
This session will be useful for paddlers who lead group paddles. In addition to rescues, we will cover group management skills so a simple rescue does not compound into a major one.
1. The ability to comfortably perform a wet exit while wearing a kayak skirt.
2. Basic understanding of the T-Rescue.
3. We will be spending a lot of time in the water so dress properly for emersion.
4. A sea kayak equipped with “bulkheads”.
5. PFD, kayak skirt, etc.
6. If you have a paddle float, pump and towrope bring them.
We will meet at the far left side of the beach with our kayaks and equipment ready to launch at 9:30. If anyone has any question regarding this skills session please do not hesitate to contact me at colin82ABN@optonline.net , call me or we can discuss any question during one of LIPS monthly meetings.
SIGN UP WILL START IN MAY